Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Are the Holidays a Good Time to Sell?

Here's a great article from Realtor Magazine.

Are the Holidays a Good Time to Sell Your Home?

I would have to agree with this article. I find that my best months for selling homes is November to January. The factors mentioned in this article are spot on. Here are a couple of my thoughts and advice on selling your home during the holiday season.

Now I know that you're thinking that selling your home in Logan, UT in the winter is a different story. Yes, it does get freezing cold but among the reasons stated in the article, I would add that a lot of companies will hire for the new year so that is also a percentage of the "serious buyers" that make it worth while to sell your home during the holidays. Buying a home is also a very emotional thing for a lot of people. So when they see Christmas decorations and smell holiday food in your home they will inevitably start to picture themselves living there and enjoying those special moments with their own friends and family. So make sure your house is decorated but don't go overboard.

I hope this article helps you fence sitters decide to get your homes sold. Happy holidays

No comments: